Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
1. Information you give us. We collect information that you provide to us during email marketing & telemarketing or when you otherwise communicate with us. This information may include your name, title at work, name and address of the company you work for and your work telephone number and email address. You are not obligated to provide us with any personally identifiable information at any time.
2. Information we collect about you. Like most companies, we automatically collect the following information each time you visit any of our websites:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, language, the date and time you are accessing our websites, the content of any und
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), click stream to, through and from our websites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
• We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons (also called clear GIFs or pixel tags) and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of our websites. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, advertising campaigns, and the products and services we offer through the websites;
3. Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third party calling list and intent data providers to help us to only call those persons we believe to be highly likely to be interested in the offers that we make using the telephone on behalf of our customers. To the extent permitted by law, we may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you have provided to us. In most cases we will ask you to validate this information if its accuracy is important.
4. Additional information. If you contact us with a complaint or query, we may keep a record of that correspondence to ensure we provide a good customer service. We may also ask you to complete surveys about our products and services that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. You may also withdraw your consent to having your personal information used for such purposes.
Information that you provide to us over the landing page or via telephone call will be only delivered to our customers (in fulfillment of our email marketing/tele-marketing services agreements) with your permission which you are free to withhold or withdraw at any time.
If you do not want your information to be disclosed to a telemarketing campaign sponsor, simply decline the request of our telemarketing agent to use your information for this purpose. If you wish, we will identify the campaign sponsor during the telemarketing telephone call. We will also give you the information needed for this contact upon request.
Purpose of processing your personal information
We process your personal information in order to delivery email marketing & telemarketing services to our customers. Providing your personal information for this purpose is always voluntary and at your option. You may withdraw your consent or exercise your rights in relation to this information at any time.
This means that the legal basis for us processing your personal information as described above will typically be one of the following:
3. The aforesaid disclosures may be required for us to provide you to offer and/or develop our products and services, comply with our legal obligations, to enforce the Terms, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
• because it is necessary to fulfill a contract that we have in place with you;
• for our or our email marketing & tele-marketing campaign sponsor’s legitimate business interests;
• your consent; or
• where the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations
We will only process personal information which is considered sensitive where we have obtained your explicit consent for the purposes of providing our services to you.
What We Provide to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties: (a) in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets at all times in compliance with applicable laws, (b) if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets at all times in compliance with applicable laws, or (c) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request. We may also disclose your personal information:
Where Data is Stored
Your data will be stored in secure Cloud based data servers in encrypted form or temporarily in our secure call centers around the world. Personal data, once transferred to another jurisdiction, may therefore be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable there. To the extent EU data protection laws apply to the transfer of your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, you consent to us transferring your personal data outside the European Economic Area. We will ensure that there is a valid transfer mechanism in place in relation to such transfer. For the purposes of this paragraph, a valid transfer mechanism shall include any mechanism approved by the European Commission as ensuring adequate protection for personal data that is transferred outside the European Economic Area. We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access. Global IT Resarch has implemented security measures that contain administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure sensitive personal information when it is being collected and transmitted over the Internet as well as firewalls, site monitoring and intrusion detection software.
We may also use your contact details to provide you with information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, we will give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any such marketing communications at the point where you provide us with your contact details and in each subsequent marketing communication that we send to you. Please note that if you opt out from receiving marketing communications, we may still contact you about service-related issues, such as where we make any changes to this policy.
In order to comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we also may provide lists of customers who have opted-out of email promotion for Global IT Research Research products to other companies, so they can be suppressed from mailings those companies send on Global IT Research’s behalf. In addition, if you unsubscribe from a mailing, we send to our own list on behalf of a third party, your removal instruction may also be supplied to the third party and added to their own suppression file.
In order to comply with CASL, the Canadian Anti-Spam Law of 2014, Global IT Research never uses email, text, or social media Commercial Electronic Messages with contacts in Canada. We will make telephone contacts in Canada and if specifically authorized by the Canadian contact complete the transaction with email-based delivery.
Global IT Research has implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure, and Global IT Research Research assumes no liability for any damage suffered by you caused by the interception, alteration, or misuse of information during transmission.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously
Users are able to change their personal information:
By emailing us
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Global IT Research is for professionals and usage by children is not permitted without the express permission of your parent or guardian. The safety of children is very important to us. If we know one of our users is under the age of 16, we will only use their personal information to respond directly to notify their parents or guardian, or seek parental consent.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and billing address) for invoicing purposes.
Your Rights and Access to Information
Data Protection legislation in the EU, the UK and Canada gives you certain rights in relation to access to your personal information. These include the right to object to and / or withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information, the right to access to your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.